Ruth Soukup shares how she started her blog as a way to curb her out-of-control spending habit and grew it into a popular site that allowed her husband to quit his day job as an aerospace engineer. Learn step-by-step exactly how she made it happen.
Back in 2010, Ruth hadn’t even heard of blogs. But after realizing that fights with her husband about money were ruining her marriage and making her miserable, she turned to blogging as a way to help herself and others. Soon after, Living Well Spending Less was born.
She writes about the adventures of finding the “good life” on a budget. By being authentic and openly sharing her journey, she’s grown her tiny blog into a wildly successful site with over a million visits a month.
In the interview, you’ll learn:
- The big blogging mistake she made in the beginning (and how to avoid it)
- Her secret for writing great posts (and how to get them noticed)
- The three big events that caused her blog to really take off
- Exactly how she tripled her traffic using Pinterest
- A valuable lesson she learned about relying on Facebook for traffic
- How one small change doubled her ad revenue
- …and much more!
Mentioned in the interview:
- Living Well Spending Less (Ruth’s website)
- How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) (book)
- Elite Blog Academy (Ruth’s new course)
- Darren Rowse @ Problogger (blogger)
- Michael Hyatt (business blogger and podcaster)
- Crystal Paine @ Money Saving Mom (blogger)
- Google DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers) (ad network)
- AdThrive (ad network)
I hope you enjoyed the interview. Please take a moment to subscribe to our show.
Latest posts by Matt Thomas (see all)
- 10 Blogging Coaches and Mentors to Help You Jumpstart Your Blog and Make Money - September 11, 2018
- How Blogger Tom Dupuis Earns $100K+ Per Year Creating SEO Tutorial Posts - June 28, 2018
- The 5 Biggest ‘Talking Head’ Video Mistakes - October 17, 2017